Fully Funded PHD in Cyber Security at Radboud University Netherlands.
Applications are being accepted for a Fully funded PhD Scholarships in Cyber Security in the Digital Security Group of the Institute for Computing and Information Sciences (iCIS) located in the Faculty of Science, Radboud University, Netherlands.
In the past 10 years the digital lives of the majority of people has shifted from stationary devices like desktop computers to highly efficient mobile devices such as smartwatches, tablets, smartphones and tablets.
These devices not only offer a brand modern level of comfort for users, but they also make them more vulnerable to hacks that compromise the security of private information as exposed by Edward Snowden’s whistleblower revelations.
The research area can be adjusted to suit your the interests of. It is expected that you examine different types of attacks on networks as well as mobile devices that are smart. This involves the creation and execution of simulation models and also the creation of large-scale measurement frameworks to conduct real-world tests.
Following this you’ll analyze and process the information for you to come to conclusions. To research potential new attack vectors and defenses against attacks that are already in place In the next step, you’ll take and apply the methods that are used in other areas of research to discover innovative ideas for solutions.
The successful applicants will enjoy the following advantages:
- The average workweek is between 32 and 40 hours per week
- The salary starting point is approximately EUR2.395 per month. It it will increase up to EUR3.061 during the 4th years. ( salary scale P)
- Alongside the salary, there is the holiday allowance is 8% as well as an 8.3 percent bonus at the end of the year.
- The duration of the contract is You will be hired initially for 18 months. At the end of that time, the performance of your employees will be assessed. If the assessment is positive, the contract is extended by 2.5 years.
- You’ll be able to avail Our Dual Career Assistance Our Dual Career Officer will help in providing support to families like childcare, and will help your loved ones prepare for the local market, and also in finding the right job.
In order to be eligible for a Ph.D. Research Scholarship within Cyber Security candidates must meet the following criteria:
- A master’s qualification in Computer Science or another relevant discipline
- Excellent programming abilities
- A solid knowledge of spoken and written English
- Communication skills that are effective as well as the capacity to interact effectively with peers and other stakeholders
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae, which includes the email addresses and names of two referees
- A copy of your Master’s transcript
- An original copy of the Master’s thesis
The Institute’s Name is Radboud University Netherlands
End Date: August 31, 2020