Carrot juice made from fresh carrots is a delicious snack. Rich in nutrients, it is a great addition to your diet that would not only help in keeping your eyes sharp but also help in boosting body’s immunity. Packed in potassium, vitamin C, provitamin A, carrot juice offers excellent health benefits. Furthermore, with relatively low in calories, it (in moderation) is also recommended by a few for weight loss.
Carrot Juice: Nutrition Chart
A glass (approx. 240ml) of freshly squeezed Carrot Juice contains the following nutrients:
|Serving Size||1 Glass (240 ml)|
|Fat||> 1 gram|
|Total Carbohydrates||22 grams|
|Vitamin A||255% of DV|
|Vitamin C||23% of DV|
|Vitamin K||31% of DV|
|Potassium||15% of DV|
* DV is Daily Value as recommended by USFDA
Apart from these, the juice is also rich in carotenoid pigments – lutein and zeaxanthin. These are natural anti-oxidants which help fight free radicals in the body. Beta carotene is a pigment responsible for the colour of the carrot. This ingredient is converted by the body into Vitamin A.
Benefits of Carrot Juice
- As a rich source of carotenoids including beta carotene which in turn provides Vitamin A, lutein and zeaxanthin, carrot juice are extremely good for eye health. Carrots as natural sources of the essential nutrient helps in maintaining vision, keeping your eyes strong and even preventing blindness.
- Packed with Vitamins A, B6, and C, carrot juice may boost your immune system by providing it all the right ingredients.
- Though not as much as orange or lemon, carrot juice also contains Vitamin C as well as anti—oxidants. While Vitamin C is essential for production of Collagen, which in turn strengthens your skin, the anti-oxidants help in fighting the free radicals and keep your skin healthy and glowing.
- The potassium and antioxidants are important for good cardio-vascular health and keeping your circulatory system healthy. This in turn makes carrot juice beneficial for lowering blood pressure and even reducing the risk factors that may in time lead to heart diseases.
- Rich in anti-inflammatory carotenoids, carrot juice is a great supplement for liver health and even save the body from non-alcoholic fatty liver disease or NAFLD.
It is important to remember that whole food is always better than juice. Carrot Juice, while a healthy alternative to sugary drinks, is still not better than carrots. Consume carrots for better health benefits. Also, moderation is the key. Remember, excessive beta carotene may also lead to carotenemia. Though not dangerous, it can lead to a yellow orange tinge of skin. But every now and then, carrot juice is surely a delicious glass of good health.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.